Feel free to ask/comment if you would like the recipe and please let me know if you need any Pampered Chef products!

Monday, January 23, 2012

Rotisserie chicken stock, chicken soup

What you will need for the stock:
leftover chicken carcass with some skin & meat on the bones
+ yellow onion with skin
+ 2 carrots, ends trimmed off but not peeled
+ 1-2 ribs celery with the leaves (optional)
+ 1 bay leaf (my husband says he cannot stand bay leaves, but he never notices haha)

Put the carcass in a big pot. Quarter the onion, chop carrots and celery into a few large pieces and add to the pot. Cover it all with cool water. Bring the pot to a boil and then reduce heat to a low/medium and let it simmer for about 90 minutes or so..

While the stock is simmering ...

Prepare the Veggies.. I used another onion, 2 carrots (this time peeled), and 2 celery stalks. 
Pour a little olive oil in stock pot (or any other) large pot, saute veggies for 2-5 minutes...
Add cut up or shredded chicken pieces (from your rotisserie) for another 1-2 minutes..

Season with pepper, parsley (fresh or dried)..
And I always throw a little extra spices that I like and have on hand.. we will call it "momma's mix"
lots of garlic, then just a dash of sage, ginger, cayenne, white pepper .. whatever I see in the cabinet! haha



Then strain your stock into the mix..  you can let it simmer here for as long as you want and then when ready to eat...

Cover and bring to a boil; boil 5 minutes.
Stir in noodles, cover and boil 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. 


Yesterday, I used medium whole grain noodles.  I don't think I missed anything, but please let me know of any questions you may have!

Hope it easy for you and your family enjoys!!


Blessings,
Leslie

No comments: